- Chapter 1-3, The Visual Display of Quantitative Information. (2001) Tufte.
- Infovis and Statistical Graphics: Different Goals, Different Looks (2012) Andrew Gelman and Antony Unwin. Journal of Computational and Graphical Statistics
- Chapter 1: Information Visualization, Readings in Information Visualization: Using Vision to Think, (1999) Stuart Card, Jock Mackinlay, and Ben Shneiderman .
- A tour through the visualization zoo (2010), Communications of the ACM, 53 (6), June 2010, Pages 59-67 On the theory of scales of measurement. S.S. Stevens. P677-680
- Does the Difference between Information and Scientific Visualization Really Matter? (Rhyne) (2003) IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications
- Graphical criticism: some historical notes. (2012) Journal of Computational and Graphical Statistics ,Hadley Wickham.